Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In case you missed Conan O’Brien last Friday

Check out this parody of the Aaron Sorkin series “Studio 60,” called “Studio 6A” – with Liev Schreiber playing Conan O’Brien.

It lampoons the pedantry, self-importance and torqued melodrama of Sorkin’s “The West Wing” (and, I’m guessing, “Studio 60,” but I’m not sure – I never saw it. Having to tolerate Brad Whitford every time I watch one of my favourite moves, “Kate & Leopold,” is about all I can take of him).

I was reminded of a joke “30 Rock” creator Tina Fey made recently at a public appearance. Referring to her outfit, she cracked “I hear Aaron Sorkin is in Los Angeles wearing the same dress - but longer, and not funny.”

“30 Rock” has been renewed for a second season. The future of “Studio 60” is uncertain. It has been pulled from NBC’s schedule, its timeslot filled by the “Black Donnellys” and “The Real Wedding Crashers.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny Joan!!

Studio 60 sucks compared to 30 Rock.

Best quote from 30 Rock....when Liz wondered why Jack was wearing a tuxedo and he laughed and said, "It's after 6. What am I, a farmer?"